Regarding the resources, Zimmerman says
As an author of interactive books to help young people find their writers' voices, I often am asked by educators and parents for help in reaching reluctant writers.
This enhanced MakeBeliefs PRINTABLES feature is the latest addition to the four year-old online educational comics site where educators and students from 180 countries come to build their own comic strips and practice language, writing and reading skills. The new printable pages are taken from my popular Make Beliefs books and drawn by cartoonist Tom Bloom, who illustrated the best-selling Children's Letters to God.
Now, a teacher using the web site will be able to distribute graphic handouts to students in English-as-a-Second Language or literacy programs that ask for written or drawn responses to such imaginative questions as:
- Make believe you possessed a magic flying carpet. Where would your travels take you?
- Make believe you had a net to catch a favorite moment in your life. Which would it be?
- Imagine you could talk to your favorite book character. Who would that be? What would you say?
- Make believe that with the snap of your fingers you could change yourself. Who or what would you become?
- Make believe you could create your own set of holidays. What would they celebrate?